Seated left to right: Jenna Kirkpatrick Howard, President-Elect; Lynn Stith Bennett, President; Barbara Mackin, Past President
Standing left to right: Melanie Domres, Angela Poliskey, Katie Garrett, Lori Steenhoeck, Tabitha Brittain, Kate Howarth, Elizabeth Pye, Stephanie Duncan
Not Pictured: Jill Goubeaux
2019 Board of Directors
Director - Marketing & Communications
Director - Special Events
Colonial Parking, Inc.
The CREW DC Board of Directors works together to accomplish the chapter’s strategic goals: Engage; Include; Develop; Foster; Sustain. These goals were established to help our chapter achieve its Vision: Influence and transform commercial real estate through the advancement of women.
Serving on the CREW DC Board of Directors is a unique opportunity for leadership and networking among other ambitious men and women working in the commercial real estate field.
What are the benefits of serving on the CREW DC Board?
- Increased visibility within the CRE industry
- Leadership skills and experience that benefit you and your company
- Strategic planning and thinking
- Board leadership experience
- Consensus building skills
- Fundraising skills attractive for future board service
- Motivating and leading volunteers
- Speaking / presentation skills
- Impacting the future of women in the industry
- Expanded professional connections
- Metro DC area recognition and exposure
- Opportunity to influence direction of CREW DC
What is the time commitment, how much administrative support is provided, and who pays the costs involved?
- The President position is a three-year commitment as President-Elect, President and Past President
- Other Board positions are a two-year commitment
- A full day transition/planning meeting in November each year.
- Monthly two-hour Board meetings in person.
- Active participation as a fund raiser with the Sponsorship Committee and for specific events.
- Serve as liaison to a CREW DC Committee or Task Force that may require an additional monthly meeting or call.
- Serve as a Champion for a strategic goal.
- Attend a CREWDC event at least monthly.
- Periodic contact with CREW DC Executive Director and CREW Network staff.
- Periodic coordinating calls with other Directors as needed.
- CREW DC Executive Director provides support to the Board: sets up meetings and conference calls; and distributes minutes, reminders and reports to the board.
- CREW DC and CREW Network staff provide guidelines, history and background.
- CREW DC and CREW Network policies and procedures provide structure and framework.
- CREWDC Executive Director and CREW Network staff manage all administrative functions related to membership, sponsorship, event scheduling and registration, communication to members, website management, accounting and reporting.
- Executive Director is available to help all board members with planning and strategies.
CREW DC covers the costs for President, President-Elect (Delegate) and Network Liaison Delegate) subject to the spending limits in place for the current year, for hotel nights, air fare, meals and registration fee required for Network Leadership Summits and the Annual Network Conference. For board members who are not delegates or President, CREW DC provides a subsidy for the Annual Conference Dine Around cost.
Who may submit nominations?
Only current CREW DC members may nominate, and they may submit as many nominations as they wish. Members interested in serving on the board are encouraged to self-nominate, as self-nominations are viewed positively and indicative of someone who truly wants to serve.
Who is eligible to be nominated?
Current CREW DC members.
An individual may be nominated for more than one position (President-Elect or Director). Members making nominations do not have to verify the willingness of an individual to serve; that will be done by the Nominating Committee. Members of the Nominating Committee are not eligible to be nominated.
What qualifications are considered by the Nominating Committee in selecting the slate of new CREW DC Board Members?
- Demonstrated leadership abilities (in committee work, service in other industry organization leadership roles, or as otherwise observed by nominating committee and board members),
- Responsiveness and participation as a member
- Effectiveness as a leader advancing women in commercial real estate
- Ability to synthesize disparate views and come to consensus with others for the good of the organization,
- Ability to synthesize new knowledge and lead others,
- Strategic thinking, innovation, and “big picture” planning which evaluates resources realistically and focuses appropriately,
- Ability to work as a team member, while delegating responsibilities to others,
- Dedication to CREW - proven performance and a willingness to put the good of the organization ahead of personal agenda,
- Solid sense of fairness, good judgment and integrity, and
- Good speaking skills – comfortable with public speaking.
Overview of Leadership Measures to Guide Nominations
Sphere of Influence – candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Strong connections with industry leaders
- Ability to raise sponsorship
- Stature in the industry / recognition in the field
- Substantial leadership and team work skills
- Integrity and personal commitment to advancing women in the profession
- Collaborative approach to decision-making
- Washington Metro area reach
Board Positions and Responsibilities
2019 CREW DC Strategic Plan
** Board of Directors Application for 2020/2021 **
Board Service Benefits and Commitments
2019 Summary of Participants and Positions Open
Questions should be sent to email@example.com