Get Involved in CREW DC!
To get the most out of your CREW DC membership, consider involvement in one of our committees. Committee participation provides you with an unequaled opportunity to really get to know other members. CREW DC benefits from your ideas, knowledge and energy. Our committees meet monthly and plan the strategic direction, events and experiences for CREW DC members.
Goal: Provide mentorship opportunities to younger members.
In order to: Give younger members a chance to learn from our CREW industry experts while providing senior members a way to stay involved in the organization
- Utilize a new format of site tours, with representatives from the development, legal, brokerage, design, construction and public sector teams explaining every aspect of the project development
- Select three projects and tour dates, establish the teaching teams and curriculum, issue outline with essential project information to attendees prior to each session, and advertise program
Goals: UCREW (CREW Network Foundation) Initiative - Support career development for undergraduate and graduate women students pursuing degrees in real estate or a related field. Connect students with CREW resources and opportunities that will help them start or grow their careers. NexGen Initiative - Outreach to high school girls to teach them about professional opportunities for women and the commercial real estate industry.
- Partner with DC-metro universities to introduce students to the career opportunities in commercial real estate
- Provide formal and informal mentoring opportunities between existing CREW DC members and students or recent graduates
- Provide information about the CREW Foundation Scholarship and other local career development programs, such as the UCREW externship and internships
- Provide information about student memberships within CREW DC and other CREW Network chapters in their home cities
- Raise funds for the Scholarship Fund and selected other CREW Foundation initiatives through chapter events
Marketing & Communications
Goal: Communicates with our members, the real estate community, and the press.
In order to: create avenues of communication that inform our members of what is going on with CREW; obtain publicity for CREW Washington DC (our brand) and its members to the real estate community.
- Obtain publicity for all programs - lunch programs, networking programs, golf program and annual awards
- Publicize/report on business opportunities and networking stories among our members
- Publicize our members who are in the news
- Obtain articles written by our members
- Identify issues, organizations and developments in DC that our members need to be aware of or participate in
Goal: Foster and Sustain CREW DC's designated charitable organizations. Engage and Include members in supporting the community.
Tactics include: Identifying charities that support accomplishing CREW DC's mission and goals. Planning, promoting and executing an annual schedule of charitable events. Publicizing and promoting the good works of these organizations, our members and CREW DC.
The Finance Committee manages and protects the Chapter’s financial position. The Committee Members oversee all financial transactions to ensure timeliness and accuracy of the financial reporting. From budgeting, to expense management, to reconciliation, the Finance Committee meets monthly to perform an ongoing review of the numbers and provide Chapter Leadership up-to-date reports so they can make real time decisions.
Goals of the Member Services Committee include:
- Provide education, information and services for our members to enhance the benefits of membership
- Organize programs of interest to CREW members in real estate and related industries
- Create networking opportunities fostering meaningful interaction for CREW members
- Plan diverse panel discussions and roundtables
- Develop targeted networking and education opportunities for our membership such as senior leaders and under 35 events to generate opportunities for our members to interact in a more intimate setting
- Provide social networking events for members to connect with their peers in the real estate industry
Goal: To retain existing members and recruit prospective members.
In order to: Ensure our chapter is a diverse cross section of the Washington, DC, commercial real estate industry.
- Hosting annual recruiting event
- Promoting the benefits of membership to prospective members
- Welcoming new members by serving as a chapter ambassador & liaison
The Programs Committee organizes 6 monthly meetings annually. Dynamic speakers, hot topics of interest, and the chance to feature women in real estate is the result of our programs. The committee brainstorms topics, speakers, and locations for our monthly meetings. Specific tasks include developing the program idea, coordinating with the speakers, determining the venue, and providing event information to the Communications Committee to disseminate to the members and guests of CREW DC. Day-of responsibilities include greeting attendees, providing technical assistance to the speakers, and collecting questions from the audience. The Programs Committee meetings are generally held the third Wednesday morning of each month. Please contact the Director for the committee’s meeting schedule.
Goal: Coordinate the CNCC Golf Program events, the CREW DC Annual Awards Ceremony and the members-only Holiday Party. The committee strives to increase participation at CREW DC events through volunteer opportunities and promotion of events.
Strategies include: Fostering environment of inclusion and involvement through sub-committees for events and sponsorship drives. Plan, promote, fundraise for and execute annual programs including:
- Top Golf Networking
- Golf Lessons Program in DC, MD and VA
- Spring Golf Outing (in partnership with CNCC)
- Awards Ceremony
- Members-Only Holiday Party
- Partner with the Communications Committee to publicize all of the events in effort to generate interest and participation in events
Goal: Maintain and deepen relationships with local commercial real estate organizations while offering exposure, marketing, publicity and visibility opportunities within CREW DC.
In order to: Raise funds necessary to support the CREW DC Chapter
- Develop and implement the annual sponsorship campaign
- Committee outreach to the community
- Encourage and solicit CREW members to become involved in the sponsorship campaign.
- Promote sponsorship of regular programs and other CREW events
- Strengthen Sponsor partnerships and community with exclusive sponsor newsletters and regular check-ins
CREW Network Liaison
Goal: Develop and maintain an effective working relationship between CREW DC and CREW Network.
In order to: Strengthen CREW DC's relationship with CREW Network and provide CREW DC members with the full resources which reside in the Network.
- Communications effort to spread the word about CREW Network and coordinate with UCREW and Foundation Committee
- CREWbiz – encourage CREW DC Members to build/update their profiles
- Facilitate CREW DC members participation on CREW Network Committees
- Align CREW DC and CREW Network Goals as appropriate
- Establish CREW Network Liaison Cabinet with DC Real Estate Leaders to provide insight on building relationship with CREW Network
- Recruit additional members for the Committee
Now & Next
Goals: To recruit, retain, and enhance the experience of members who are in the earlier stages of their career.
- Provide fun and approachable networking opportunities, including the annual Friendsgiving event in November
- Develop a strategic approach to enhance the experience members in the organization
- Build a committee of engaged women from varied industry groups
- Provide actionable, outcomes-based results and tools through modules, seminars.
- Enhance the CREW Brand through must-attend sessions that provide value to career enhancement for individuals and training for member companies.
- Meet the needs of professionals at varying points of their careers.
- Create leadership opportunities through participation in designing and executing modules.
- Support the CREW DC value proposition for sponsorship.
- Identify, contact and negotiate with vendors of professional development sessions to expand career knowledge and advancement opportunities
- Reflect preferences of CREW DC survey respondents to deliver in-depth, affordable workshops and sessions
- Members-only platform to access materials promulgated through the modules, when possible
- Provide access via webinar for as many programs as appropriate