Are there opportunities to participate and lead?
Absolutely! CREW DC has almost a dozen committees or liaison positions and we are fortunate to have very strong participation from our membership. You can help plan our Programs, work with our community partners through the Community Action Committee or help raise funds to send another young woman to study real estate at college through CREW Network Foundation. Welcome new members on the Membership Committee or help with the website and chapter communications on our Communications Committee. Special Events plans our annual awards gala as well as several very special members-only events during the year. And CREW EDU puts together exciting educational forays around the City. CREW DC is led by a Board of Directors and an Executive Committee and shaped and guided by an Advisory Council. The best way to enjoy CREW is through involvement and we are ready for your ideas!
How often do you meet? What’s the time commitment for membership?
From the popular and topical monthly luncheons, to privately hosted small gatherings, CREW DC offers events to fit every schedule and interest at every stage of your career. What and how often you attend is up to you, but the greater the participation, the greater the return on your investment.
We encourage members to get involved on a committee to enhance their leadership and other skills, as well as develop personal and professional relationships. Committee participation varies, but each committee usually has a one-hour meeting or conference call once a month.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Invitations and discounted registration fees to monthly local meetings, some exclusively for members, as well as discounted rates to CREW Network events.
- Opportunities for development of business and leadership skills to enhance your professional status in the industry, at either the local or global level (or both).
- Timely industry-related information
- Opportunities to support community programs that aim to help women advance
- A connection with more than 11,000 other like-minded commercial real estate professionals around the globe that includes an online directory, downloadable resources and a community platform to exchange ideas, business leads and engage in discussion
- Involvement in an organization of members who are dedicated to the profession and to helping each other succeed
- Access to CREWbiz: CREW Network’s online business networking tool, membership directory and personal marketing profile which can be used to promote your skills and expertise to the member base of more than 11,000 professionals globally.
What are the requirements and how do I apply?
CREW DC has different membership requirements for different types of members, based on where you are in your career and within which sector of the industry.
All applicants are required to submit a completed CREW DC membership application form. Applications require a current resume and the proposal of your membership by two current CREW members (at least one of whom is employed by a firm other than your own). In addition, there is a non-refundable $25.00 application fee for prospective members. This application fee does not apply to transfers from other CREW chapters. Each application is subject to review by the membership committee and board of directors. Full details »
What are the types of events hosted by CREW Washington DC?
- Monthly Luncheons presenting panel discussions with industry leaders on topical and relevant issues, or events.
- Roundtables to explore complex mixed-use development projects
- Behind-the-scenes educational tours of some of the most talked about real estate projects in town
- “Dine-Arounds,” where members meet for lunch and networking at local restaurants
- “Breakfast with the Stars” events where small groups shared an informal breakfast with an industry leader
- Privately hosted small gatherings for more intimate networking
- Our annual golf tournament and Awards gala
What’s the difference between CREW Network and CREW Washington DC membership?
CREW DC is an affiliate organization of CREW Network. Therefore, a member of CREW DC is also a member of CREW Network. This global Network is comprised of 70+ affiliate organizations with a total membership of more than 11,000 CRE professionals.
While the overall purpose and goals of CREW DC reflect those of CREW Network, CREW DC has its own unique structure allowing it to meet the needs of its market. CREW DC uses CREW Network's established qualified fields of commercial real estate (QFCRE) to guide its membership criteria and experience prerequisite, and determines its own dues, programs and member activities.
Who are your members? How much does membership cost?
CREW DC has opportunities for individuals with experience levels across the board. From students to seasoned professionals, membership in CREW will benefit the career of anyone who is passionate about the commercial real estate industry. We encourage both men and women to join this professional networking group.
The majority of CREW DC members have at least five years of experience in the CRE industry and are currently employed in a full-time managerial, senior level, professional, principal, or revenue-generating position in one or more of the qualified fields of commercial real estate (QFCRE).
CREW DC's basic membership rate is $495, but there are different categories with different requirements and dues rates. Full details »