Are there opportunities to participate and lead?
Absolutely! CREW DC has almost a dozen standing committees, as well as one time or ad hoc work group opportunities. We are fortunate to have very strong participation from our membership. You can help plan programs and events, work with our community partners through the Community Action Committee or help raise funds to send another young woman to study real estate at college through CREW Network Foundation. You can connect with new members on the Membership Committee or help with our external image through social media posts, authoring a news item or helping drive our overall marketing and communications effort. The Special Event Committee plans our annual awards gala as well as the incredibly popular Golf Program that includes a kickoff event, lessons and a women-only golf outing. CREW EDU puts together exciting educational tours around the city. CREW DC is led by a Board of Directors and committee Co-Chairs and is guided by an Advisory Council. The best way to enjoy CREW is through involvement and we are ready for your ideas! To find out more about participation opportunities, reach out to CREW DC's Executive Director, Kathy Allgier: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How often do you meet? What’s the time commitment for membership?
From the popular and topical luncheons, to smaller more focused gatherings, CREW DC offers events to fit every schedule and interest at every stage of your career. What and how often you attend is up to you, but the greater the participation, the greater the return on your investment.
We encourage members to get involved on a committee to enhance their leadership and other skills, as well as develop personal and professional relationships. Committee participation varies, but each committee usually has a one-hour meeting or conference call once a month.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Leadership and Professional Development opportunities and training.
- Networking and relationship building with other CREW members.
- Business and personal connections to help you throughout your career.
- Business and personal connections to support your company and its growth objectives.
- Discounted registration fees to CREW events in DC, Suburban Maryland and Northern Virginia as well as discounted rates to CREW Network events.
- Early access to leading edge industry research
- Opportunities to participate with and support local community programs that aim to help women advance.
- Opportunity to support CREW Network Foundation and its goal to bring more women into commercial real estate with programs that educate women and girls about the careers available to them in our industry.
- A connection with more than 12,000 other like-minded commercial real estate professionals around the globe that includes an on line directory, downloadable resources and a community platform to exchange ideas, business leads and engage in discussion
- Involvement in an organization of members who are dedicated to the profession and to helping each other succeed
- Access to CREWbiz: CREW Network’s on line business networking tool, membership directory and personal marketing profile which can be used to promote your skills and expertise to the member base of more than 12,000 professionals globally.
What are the requirements and how do I apply?
CREW DC has membership requirements for different types of members, based on where you are in your career and within which sector of the industry. Dues vary. Certain membership categories are limited to align you local chapter with CREW Network requirements.
All applicants must submit a CREW DC membership application form and pay a non-refundable $25.00 application fee. (The application fee does not apply to transfers from other CREW chapters, or dual membership requests). Each application is subject to review and approval to determine eligibility. Full details »
What are the types of events hosted by CREW DC?
- Large programs tackling issues of interest for a wide audience.
- Panel discussions with industry leaders on trending topics.
- Roundtables for conversations in a more intimate setting.
- Professional development workshops and programs.
- Behind-the-scenes educational tours of some of the most talked about real estate projects in town
- Networking events; community services events; awards gala; holiday party; golf program
What’s the difference between CREW Network and CREW Washington DC membership?
CREW DC is an affiliate organization of CREW Network. Therefore, a member of CREW DC is also a member of CREW Network. This global Network is comprised of 75+ affiliate organizations with total membership of more than 12,000 CRE professionals.
While the overall purpose and goals of CREW DC reflect those of CREW Network, CREW DC has its own unique structure allowing it to meet the needs of its market. CREW DC uses CREW Network's established qualified fields of commercial real estate (QFCRE) to guide its membership criteria and experience prerequisites. CREW DC determines its own dues, programs and member activities.
Who are your members? How much does membership cost?
CREW DC Members represent more than 35 fields in commercial real estate. We welcome professionals at any stage of their career. From students to seasoned professionals, membership in CREW will benefit the career of anyone who is passionate about the commercial real estate industry. We welcome women and men to join this professional networking group.
The majority of CREW DC members have at least five years of experience in the CRE industry and are currently employed in a full-time managerial, senior level, professional, principal, or revenue-generating position in one or more of the qualified fields of commercial real estate (QFCRE).
CREW DC's basic membership rate is $525, but there are different categories with different requirements and dues rates. Full details »