As a member of CREW DC and CREW Network, you advance your own career and you support the success of women in the industry. We embrace our mission to influence and transform commercial real estate through the advancement of women, and invite you to join us.
The following are just some of the benefits of membership in CREW DC:
- Network at both large and small format events
- Develop professional skills in an inclusive learning environment
- Engage with a community partnership of women in commercial real estate at all career stages
- Develop leadership skills through participation and inclusion on committees, task forces, and events
- CREW DC programs at discounted member rates
- CREW DC exclusive members-only events
- Develop and hone your leadership skills by participating on CREW DC committees
- When you join CREW DC, you become a member of CREW Network - an international organziation of CREW chapters. You have access to the local and national online directory of members and can participate in the networking/discussion portal (CREWbiz Open Forum), connecting you to more than 12,000 like-minded, qualified professionals in the commercial real estate industry
- CREW Network events are discounted for members, including the annual convention and leadership summits, as well as members-only programs such as the CREW Network Leadership Certificate and Webinar series
- CREW DC communications about local issues and activities, and CREW Network emails with articles relating to commercial real estate around the globe
Full – An individual who is employed in a qualified field of Commercial Real Estate for at least five years.
Associate – An individual who is employed in a qualified field of Commercial Real Estate for fewer than five years. Number of associate memberships available is limited.
Affiliate – An individual who is employed in a field related to commercial real estate. Number of affiliate memberships available is limited.
Student - A student in an accredited degree program leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree in Commercial Real Estate or a related area (i.e., architecture, urban planning, business, finance, etc.).
Public Sector – An individual who is employed full-time in any federal, state or local government capacity or in an economic development entity reasonably recognized by the Board of Directors. Such Public Sector Member shall have all of the privileges and rights of Active Members.
Retired – An Active Member of the Association (or another CREW chapter, as long as they have been employed in a qualified field of Commercial Real Estate for at least five years) for a period of at least two years prior to such member's retirement from full-time employment.
There is a non-refundable *$25 application fee (*fee is waived for transfers from other CREW chapters).
DON'T FORGET to set up your professional profile in CREWbiz so you can be found in searches done by other members who are looking to give YOU business!
- All Membership questions should be directed to Executive Director, Kathy Allgier firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Members must reapply annually in order to verify student status.
- Lapsed Members:
- If your membership has been inactive/unpaid for longer than 10 months, you are considered a Lapsed Member. Please apply for reinstatement using this application form »
- If your membership has been inactive/unpaid for less than ten (10) months, contact email@example.com to request a renewal invoice. You will need to pay the full calendar year dues to be reinstated.
- Transfers: current members of other CREW chapters who would like to transfer to CREW DC should complete the Membership Transfer Request form»
Renewal invoices can be accessed online (pay online or print/mail check) in early November through mid-February by logging into My Account
(click “retrieve password” if you don’t remember your password). Contact CREW Network for assistance: (785) 832-1808 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All CREW memberships expire on December 31.
- If dues are not paid by February 14, benefits of membership will be deactivated.
Annual membership dues cover the 12-month period from January 1 - December 31.
New and Returning (lapsed) members admitted beginning November 1, 2021 will be billed a full year of dues and will have their membership active through 12/31/22. This membership dues special expires on 12/31/21.
- Full/Active and Affiliate Member - $525 ($280 beginning July 1)
- Associate Member - $375 ($240 beginning July 1)
- Graduate Student Member - $210 ($120 beginning July 1)
- Undergraduate Student Member - $105
- Public Sector Member - $150
- Retired Member - $290
Subgroups of Members
Women of Influence
CREW DC members that meet certain criteria based on leadership, business achievements and tenure are eligible to be included in Women of Influence events. These smaller, more intimate programs provide opportunities for our more senior-level women to network together. Open to members meeting ANY of the following criteria:
- CREW member for 10 years or more (any chapter)
- Working within the commercial real estate industry for 20 years or more
- Past CREW DC president or board member
- Primary owner of a commercial real estate related business
- Currently serving in the C-suite of a commercial real estate related business
CREW Now & Next
CREW DC Members on the earlier side of their careers are invited to special events and happy hours to encourage networking with our newer, rising professionals in a casual atmosphere.
To view our Bylaws click here.